Colonel Bill Rice, born in St. Louis, Missouri, served for 27 years in the Field Artillery and other positions in the U.S. Army in the United States and throughout the world. Upon his retirement, he worked in the private sector and volunteered in the community.
- Pay Day Around the World 1970-1983Eric Robyn – Pay Day in Vietnam 1970 In Vietnam, when I was a first lieutenant field artillery battery executive officer, I was periodically assigned the duty of paymaster for my field artillery battery. As such, I flew about 30 minutes by chopper from […]
- Fighting Fires – Yellowstone National Park 1988By Suzanne Rice wife of COL Bill Rice, 1-84 Field Artillery, Ft. Lewis, Washington Yellowstone National Park is on fire! In the 1940’s, fire, like disease, insect infestation, and weather damage, was considered a normal agent of change for the forests in the […]
- Inventing the Mobile Command Post 1995-2002By Suzanne Rice, Wife of COL Bill Rice, Chief of Plans and Operations, Third U. S. Army, Ft. McPherson, Georgia While Bill was on active duty serving as the Chief of Plans and later the G-3 (1991-1996) of Third U.S. Army, the Commanding […]
- Working at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention 2008By Suzanne Rice, wife of COL (Ret) Bill Rice, Atlanta, Georgia “We have to go shopping after dinner.” “What are we shopping for? “A wall clock.” “Why do you need a clock?” “I need it as a prop. I have to put on […]
- Framing the Army of the Future 1995By Suzanne Rice, wife of COL Bill Rice, Chief of Plans and Operations, Third U. S. Army, Ft. McPherson, Georgia When General Dennis Reimer, USMA Class of 1962, was named Army Chief of Staff in 1995, he called upon a small group of […]
- Still Building Leaders 2000-2008By Suzanne Rice, wife of COL Bill Rice As an Eagle Scout himself, Bill found a good fit for some of his time – bringing his patriotism and leadership skills to Boy Scout Troop 279 in Peachtree City, GA. He was a Troop […]
- Planning for Somalia Humanitarian Mission 1992By Suzanne Rice, wife of COL Bill Rice, Third U.S. Army, Chief of Plans, Fort McPherson, Georgia Bill’s eldest cousin and her family lived on Lookout Mountain, Tennessee. Since that was only a 2 ½ hour drive from our home in Peachtree City, […]